...my child sold your honor student the answers to the test...

Sunday, August 23, 2009

And we're off!

I've been meaning to make my own personal blog about my life for ages. I even started blogging for another website once in awhile to get me off my butt and practice. I love it! But there I still feel a little restricted in what I can write about despite the fact I have carte blanche. It's more because sometimes I want to just go off on tangents, or write more explicitly about my new found ability to have the BIG TALK with my oldest son about sex but not have to worry about whether it fits the PG13 rating or may potentially offend anyone. And other times I find something funny that happens but really cant think about how to write it properly for another site. So I got off my butt today and made my own place to put everything down. The good, the bad, the ironic, the amusing, and the frustration. Lets face it, as a mom frustration is a part of our everyday lives. You try getting your 7 yr old to put on his shoes, stop your 2 yr old from bringing his entire toy chest to the car, and strap a screaming newborn into his car seat with only two hands and one voice and tell me there inst the slightest bit of frustrations. Vishnu and his insane amount of hands I am not. Or like (right now) I am trying to write with my newborn asleep on his boppy next to me when my 2 yr old comes racing in the office, screaming about how he MUST HAVE ICE CREAM NOW!!! Oh and I WANNA PLAY WII MOMMY!!! (thus waking up my lil guys precious few moments of sleep. Its a wonder he gets any sleep at all... oh wait, he doesn't).


So as this is my first official blog allow me to introduce the main players in my life.

My husband Jody (I'll most likely call him J for short here) is the love of my life. He's 33, helped co found a business he runs from home (yay free babysitter!) and is a PC gamer at heart (so am I). He is the Yin to my yang. While I'm fairly outgoing, talkative, blah blah blah, hes very introverted and extremely intelligent...not that I'm unintelligent, just he puts me to shame when we discuss current events. :p We've been together since I was in high school (eep) and are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary this year.

Xavier (Zavi), our oldest is 7 years old and a Legos/Star Wars/Indiana Jones/Wii fanatic. He is currently in second grade and loves it minue homework. He has ADHD which makes life interesting, but he comes by it naturally as it runs in my family (and me, although I am seriously missing that H part. I think it could come in handy at times with 3 kids). He is very smart, loves volcanoes, still gets scared of storms, and is now in that wonderful age where all those embarrassing questions pertaining to life seem to pop out of his mouth ( I'm finally feeling good about my answers to those and enjoy where our conversations lead).

Ashe is my 2.5 yr old clown. He's my linebacker, trying to gain his older brothers attention by constantly beating the ever living crap out of him. When Zavi whines, Ashe thinks its a game and continues. Yay. :/ But he is sooo funny. Yesterday he came up to me as I was in my chair with his shirt over his head, one eye covered and said "MOMMY, I A PIRATE ARRRRH!" I nearly choked on my lukewarm coffee. Needless to say I found out he tried it with J first downstairs, got a positive reaction and had to come to me and try it. Now he's walking around constantly saying ARRRRH. ARHHHH. ARRRH. It hasnt gotten old yet, but it might by tomorrow if he hasnt found something new.

Soren is our newest addition to the family. He is, as of today, 9 weeks old. We had some issues earlier on with reflux but I think we finally have him comfortable and he has just blossomed. He is the star of the family. Both of the older boys fight to be in Sorens eyesight. It's not uncommon to find him watching tv surrounded by offerings of stuffed animals and transformer toys his brothers lovingly handpicked and dumped on him, both boys on each side holding his hand. Whenever he makes the slightest peep Ashe will call out MOMMY BABY SOREN IS CRYING SAD!!!!!. Thanks kiddo. Xavier reads to him weekly from his Lego magazine, or Calvin and Hobbes comic books. And Soren loves it all. if he's not fussing for food or a diaper change he is smiling and cooing at anyone. In fact he is so social you don't dare leave him alone in a room or he gets sad, wondering where his adorers went.


And I am Brittany. I'm 30 years young, a wife and mom, sarcastic, goofy, loud, and stubborn as hell. I have jet black hair with a red stripe currently, 2 tattoos, wanting one more, and a nose ring. I like loud music no one has ever heard of, along with most other kinds. So long as it has a great beat I can dance to while I unload the dishwasher Im happy.I am also a gamer, loving to lose myself into a world of fantasy (once al the kids are peacefully sleeping of course) on my computer nightly with J. J and I play a MMO together called Everquest 2. Yes, Im a gamer geek. Bite me. I love it.If I am not raising my boys or gaming (my god there is time for other things???) I'm an avid reader.


So thats the fam. Nice to meet you =)

6 comments:

Ramblings Of A Stay At Home Mom said...

I am the first to follow and comment!! YAY! Awesome post. Welcome to the blogging world!

Felicia said...

Love it! Maybe I'll get around to blogging someday, you're definitely inspirational!

AdeaNeeedsCoffee said...

YAY! I am here now too. What a online family you will have shortly! :P

SRM said...

I love online families! The more the merrier! (And the more people to mock me at Christmas parties ha!)

Andrea said...

Whattup, B? Very cool color scheme, it's so YOU! Welcome to the blogosphere!

Marian said...

Add another follower to your page! ;) Nice intro!