...my child sold your honor student the answers to the test...

Thursday, December 10, 2009

If A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words....

I stocked up on about 52,000 words yesterday trying to get a decent photo of the boys for our holiday cards. Of course only a couple came out halfway decent. As I viewed all the pictures on my computer yesterday I had to laugh at them. They do tell a story: one of fidgety kids who wish they could be doing ANYTHING but pose. Here's a few of my favorites:



This was just the beginning and already I realized I was going to have a hard time keeping everyones attention on me. Poor Xavier was trying so hard to follow directions but even he was getting frustrated with the constant clicking of the camera. Meanwhile something caught both Ashe and Sorens attention the moment my finger clicked the button.



The faces just crack me up. You can physically see the lethargic attempt from Xavier to smile, Ashe just bored out of his mind, and I'm still trying to figure out what Soren is thinking.



I have about 15 pics just like this in various poses. Fantastic smiles, goofy faces and 1 kid who lets you and everyone else know he is just NOT filled with a festive spirit! He reminds me of a kid who just found out that birthday parties no longer have cake and ice cream. Its a shame too because if he had only smiled for this photo we would have been done in 5 minutes instead of the 20 I forced them to stay. Sorens face makes me laugh. It may have to become a new avatar of mine.




I dub this "Happy, Anxious, Apathetic". And the last one I will share...


Poor Ashe was trying to scoot down to sit next to his brothers at my insistence and he scraped his leg on the step. He insisted I put the camera down and kiss his booboos. I decided to stop soon after and let the boys have some peace.


All I can say is my digi cam was one of the best purchases I ever got. Without it, it would be impossible for me to capture that 1 perfect photo seeing as I have to take roughly 50+ per session to get just one decent one.

Oh, and if you noticed the dang hole in Zavis jeans? I told him to go find a pair of blue jeans with no holes in them. he comes back down after 10 minutes to state he owns no pair of jeans without a hole. Seriously??? I know you play hard man, but I just bought you 2 new pairs 6 weeks ago!
Note to self: buy more jeans for Xavier


2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh my kids have that shirt and i cried when everyone outgrew it. and family pictures suck. that commercial with the mom that photoshopped everyone in? brilliant!

SRM said...

Fortunately with three boys, the two younger ones still fit in them. I will cry the day no one does. I seriously heart that shirt.
As for family photos, I gave up after this one. Now I just do yearly videos to send as my holiday cards. It's easier in that I dont need to scream at my kids to SMILE LIKE YOU MEAN IT!!!! anymore ;)