*I* have been slacking on my blogs. Yes, I admit it. I have been caught up in a ton of stuff, both as a mom and as me, and I just not have had the time or energy to write. So many things have been thrown my way lately that it's hard for me to find the time to just sit down and type for *me*.
So to recap everything thats been going on:
1. Xavier finished second grade (WHEEEEE!) and at the culimination he recieved an award for best art student of the quarter. We got to go to a cool award ceremony the last day of school and steal him an hour early.
2. Since we moved I have been dealing with HELL in trying to transition Xavier from his old school to his new. Why, you ask? Because the county we live in has a weird system unlike any other known to humankind and they love to play with your mind. The gist of it is that each town has different districts. Each district has 2 different types of school calendars: traditions (the normal kind) or year round (where you go to school all year and have 9 weeks in 3 weeks off). BECAUSE of Xaviers ADHD he really does hella better at a year round school and thats the type of calendar he has been in since we moved here, when he was in kindergarten. But we moved out of district of the school he is in and our base (default) school was a traditional calendar.
So the short story is I applied for YR for next year at our new districts YR school for next year (which starts July 9 mind you). I got a letter the week he finished school saying out application was denied, but instead of being put in his base (default) traditional calendar school like we expected, they kept him at the YR school (out of our district).
At first I thought it was a clerical error, seeing how I was told UP AND DOWN by 3 different schools (His old one, the new base and our supposed new YR) that there was NO. WAY. IN. HELL. he could stay at the school he was in for second grade. So I was floored and frankly pissed off, that some schmuck fucked up our application and I would have to do it all over again, and do it fast before school started.
So I called and emailed our counties school headquarters and asked them (politely) WTF was going on. And I got a voicemail back. Which said that because he was already in a YR calendar, and the YR school he should go to was overcrowded (.....) that they decided to keep him at his old school so long as I provide transportation. If I wished to put him in our new districts traditional calendar I would have to reapply again.
So we had a lot of thinking to do. Xaviers old school is not that far away. In fact, its a few minutes closer than where we used to live, even though it's in a different district. Even so, carpooling twice a day for roughly 30-40 minutes each time, is a lot to ask of the two younger ones. on the other side, Xavier thrives at this school, he has a lot of friends there, and we all adore this school. So we had to weigh the pros and cons of each side. And after a lot of contemplation, we decided that it was worth it. So, Xavier starts school on July 9 at his old school and I have resigned myself to carpooling twice a day for at least a year if not longer.
With 2 little kids in the backseat.
In reality Im not the one sacrificing. Ashe and Soren are. Im ok with driving to carpool and waiting, but it's a lot to ask two young kids to do that every day. J and I talked it over and we're going to try and make sure that J can watch them a few times a week so I can grab Xavier. I realize how much I am asking of them and Xavier appreciates it greatly ( I made sure he realized how much they were offering so he could be happy, Nothing like a little family guilt!)
So that's where we are. And I called his old school to make sure he was still on record to go there and all is looking good. So good, in fact, that I was told if we decide to, we are in that school until Xavier starts 6th grade without any reapplication crap (which suuuuuucks!!!!!!!). ANNND when Ashe starts school we can apply for that school to keep them together, and it's 99.999999% a definite he will get in because his brother goes there. ANNNNNNNND when Xavier starts middle school we can apply for YR and most likely get it because Ashe will then be in YR school.
So if we play our cards right and things work out we are set until Xavier starts high school. And frankly, thats not something I want to think about right now. Thats just too....Twighlight Zoney for me.
3. 2/3 of the boys are at Grammys house this week. Which is AWESOME!! Except for the fact that Soren, normally entertained by the antics of his brothers, is making sure I know loud and clear he is there and I damn well better play with him!!!!! He does it in a cute way though and I'm enjoying the one on one time with my youngest.
I feel slightly guilty but I am really enjoying the quiet of the household while Xavier and Ashe are gone. It came at a good time because I have a lot on my plate this week of things that need to get done, so I can do them at my own pace and not worry. We call each night and the boys are so happy and having so much fun they are in no way ready to come home. And I'm ok with that. I recognize that while this is the longest they have been away from home, they're old enough to do it,they are with someone who adores the ground they walk on, and that they will come home. Kicking and screaming, but they will come home.
4. Aside from being a Mom, I've been working my tail off as Promotions Manager to Triangle Mommies, a local support group for moms in my area. I took the role a few months ago and after learning the ropes (and allowing my rope burns to heal) I finally feel good about where I'm going with it. And I'm busy as hell.
I am the one who does all advertising off site to get more members, plus head up our blog, promote big events on site, and try to get our butts into cool places like fairs for free to get the word out. And this weekend I am going to promote us at our first Baby Fair since I took over. And it's been a long road, but TOTALLY worth it!
So the past few weeks I have been wheeling and dealing with potential sponsors for free samples to give away, opening my door to UPS/Fed EX to get huge boxes of samples, individually labeling all samples with our logo labels, writing up blogs and ads and FB stuff to spread the word, dealing with our contacts who are hosting the fair, creating and burning a video DVD promoting our site, writing up, printing and cutting out hundreds and hundreds of logos, labels, questionnaires to hand out, and so much flipping more!!!!..... not to mention the daily stuff that comes with being a manager.
Dont get me wrong I love it! I realized I adore labeling things. Weird, huh? But it allows me time to zone out and just be. And this Saturday we go and promote and have fun at a Baby Fair.
And then I get to do it allll over again. I've already gotten us a deal to go to a 2 day Baby fair which is expecting 10,000 families. And I'm already planning that out.
5. Last thing I will touch upon. I finally got myself to the Drs to help me with my ADHD. I've noticed over the past several months that a lot of what I do are mirror images to Xaviers symptoms of ADHD. And I realized I just cant do it anymore o my own. So I went to the Drs and he gave me Adderall RX which is supposed to last all day. And I tried it for the first time today. And it didnt work. If anything, I felt worse. Now, I have tried the fast acting Adderall before and it works WONDERS. So I know it can work. And I'll give it a week. But a part of me was disappointed today, hoping for some relief, and I got nothing but wanting to go out on the porch and smoke more often.
I'll give it time. But I'm not a patient person.
So that and about 35 other things is why I havent had time to blog. I'll try and do better in the future. Just give me until Sunday ok?