...my child sold your honor student the answers to the test...

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Good Times Dad

Long ago when I was new to the blogging community and had just created SRM, a fellow parental unit blogger reached out to me and commented on one of my stories. Feeling oh so excited that someone, SOMEONE actually read my blog, I clicked over to check out his own blog. And I've been hooked ever since.

I've read Good Times Dad over the years, laughing at his boys antics (often nodding my head in utter sympathy having been there myself and glad it wasn't me this time), GTD's responses, and even the entrance of his third child, The Rocket Queen.  Recently he had me chuckling when his wife left for a business trip. GTD had the sense of humor to create teeshirts for everyone with the quote "I survived Dadageddon 2012". It's stuff like this that keeps me coming back for more.

So why am I writing this? Well for a couple of reasons. For starters, if you love blogs, especially sarcastic blogs on parenting, it would be a disgrace if I didn't tell you about this one. If you like a sarcastic mom writing anecdotes about raising three kids, you'll like a sarcastic dad writing anecdotes about raising three kids. I also know I have some followers who are dads, and I think you guys would appreciate the perspective of Good Times Dad.

The other reason is because GTD and I are in discussion about doing some guest blogging together. So keep your eyes peeled on both blogs for some cool insights on subjects related to parenting.

So folks, do me a favor, and go check out his blog. Let him know SRM sent you and you demand to be entertained. Then pass on the word to any of your parental unit friends ;)


2 comments:

Big Fat Gini said...

Checking it out now! Thanks so much for the recommendation!

SRM said...

Enjoy and my pleasure!