...my child sold your honor student the answers to the test...

Monday, March 26, 2012

Why?

Shoot me now. Just get it over and done with. I promise, I'll thank you in the afterlife. Because we hit a new stage with Soren, and I remember how god awful it is when I went through it with the other two boys.

Soren has learned the word "Why".

Now, a part of me is excited with any new word he learns, seeing how it took him forever to start talking in the first place. I should be rejoicing that he has added new words to his list of vocabulary and can say more than bum, peepee, etc. But why did he pick up why? Dammit, WHY????

Soren has been shadowing Ashe and copying everything he does. Ashe says why a lot. But now I've got this parrot. A typical conversation goes like this:

Me: Ashe and Soren, it's time to pick up the blocks.
Ashe: Why?
Soren: Yeah, why?
Me (bashes forehead on nearest hard surface)


I wouldn't mind it as much if it were used frugally. But no, ANY time a word pops out of my mouth the instant response is "Why".

Me: Soren
Sore: Why?
Me: Flower
Soren: Why?
Me: Bathtime
Soren: Why?
Me: Butt
Soren: Why....(giggles)

I fucking hate this stage.



3 comments:

Becoming Supermommy said...

DD's "why" stage lasted all of two days. I'm pretty sure it will be back.

Right now the things that makes me want to bash my head into the wall are "What is you dooding?" and "What's his name?"

I have to name EVERY FUCKING THING IN THE HOUSE.

"Here's your sandwich."
"What's his name?"
"Here's your shirt."
(points to every single spot/stripe/button in turn) "What's his name?"
(Watching the Lion King intro, as every single animal appears in the opening number) "What's his name? What's his name? What's his name?"

It's a nightmare.

Jen said...

Why is a horrible word. It should not be taught to kids.

SRM said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only person to have to do with this. I have to ask do you have to give the shirt a name?