...my child sold your honor student the answers to the test...

Friday, June 29, 2012

Broken

Have you ever noticed that when one thing breaks, you can pretty much guarantee that about half of your other stuff is going to follow suit? Or is this just us?

So after wedding #1, we came home to 90 degree days and no air conditioning. If you've never had the pleasure, go put your oven on broil, keep the door open, shut all the windows, place your laptop nearby after it's been running for 5 hours, and put your face between both for about 30 minutes.

Yeah, it's awesome.

I spent my entire birthday lying on the floor, waving a book back and forth trying to keep cool, while I waited for the maintenance guy to show up. Of course he didn't show up until 6:30 in the evening. Bastard.

It lasted a week, then broke again.

On top of that my tooth broke. I was gaming one night when I felt it crumble. It didn't hurt (yay for that tooth being mostly a filling) but I had no dental insurance that had kicked in yet. So off to the dentist to figure out what had to be done. Turns out I needed a crown.

$1400 and four weeks later, I got my shiny new tooth.


Finally, my car decided it needed an overhaul. We got a flat tire and went to get it replaced. Come to find out all of my tires needed desperate replacement. And then I went to get it inspected. Five minutes before I reached the inspection site, my check engine light came on. So I went to find out what was wrong.

$1300 later I have four new tires, and new hoses in my car.

All I could think of was that I am so glad when J got his bonus in the winter I put my foot down and had him save it for emergency things like this. And that my time for emergencies had better be over with for the year.

Fingers crossed

1 comment:

Irish Carter of Dedicated 2 LIFE said...

OK, thats it.....no more breaks for you...you have definately met your quota....you are all good for now = )

Irish